Friday, January 16, 2009

Calvinisation.

In case you are wondering, the reason behind the overwhelming number of Calvin photographs is Calvinisation. I love that cartoon. Pinnacle of graphic humour, if u ask me.(yes, i have read others too, Garfield, Blondie, Marvin, Dennis, Hagar the horrible...) Heck, Calvin and Hobbes is the best! Bill Watterson, you're great! Its a perfect combinations of subtlety and blunt humour, and boy, does it make mum wonder what i am doing laughing like that!
Whats funnier still, is i relate to the boy! I am just as imaginative, well, maybe not quite this deranged but quite similar, more or less. I cant stop reading it, spells doom for me before the Madhyamiks! I know this is seriously foul advice, but people, if you want to unwind, and your mum has an aversion to TV and PC then, grab this! It'll help! Honestly!

1 comment:

Rohan said...

Spells doom for you? Rick, my man, last night I spent three hours rereading Watchmen, and an additional hour after that thinking about that novel. Join the All Star Concentration Camp if you feel like it: pretty much everybody you know is now part of it.
I like Hobbes more, actually. He's trippy good.